Wednesday, December 20, 2017

April 21, 2010

Wednesday, April 21, 2010


LAMRON

Maybe you already knew this about me, but I love a good bargain.
I look for bargains all the time and don't buy anything unless it is a certifiably good deal.

That is just a part of who i am.

For some reason, I can remember most of my really good deals...like my Crate and Barrel dining room table $$ = free from the roadside (needed a minor repair to the extension tracks but had all the leaves), my favorite simmons couch bed $$=25 at an estate sale (i didn't mind that it was old and needed to be recovered, i found some old drapes at good will for $7 to cover it with), matching white-washed book case and entertainment thingy $$=75 from a thrift store in WI.

Well, you get the picture.

Bottom line, I am constantly looking for a good deal.
Lucky supermarket has their General Mills cereals on sale right now for $1.49/box. Since that is all my family will eat in the morning, I stocked up. I bought $89 worth of cereal for a savings of $280. Boy does it feel good to save that kind of dough!

While I was shopping today for the mammoth load of cereal, I got some strange looks and funny comments like: "Do you run a daycare?" "What are you going to do with all of that??" "You must REALLY like cereal!" Even the cashier was a little put out at scanning all those boxes. Maybe all the people I encountered had never seen someone buy so much cereal all at once. Maybe they just can't imagine what it is like to feed a family of seven. Maybe they think I was being greedy taking such advantage of a good deal. To me it was perfectly normal! And like I say, maybe i am a little backwards for some things, but I am LAMRON (that is Normal spelled backwards)!





No comments:

Post a Comment