Wednesday, December 20, 2017

January 26, 2014

Sunday, January 26, 2014 It happened today That's right! She left the primary...gasp...my little girl is a young woman. I watched from the piano bench as they came to get their newest member and I didn't know whether to cry or cheer. I video taped the ordeal...not that it was all that ceremonial, but I just knew I'd want to relive/cherish that moment later and let it sink in a little more thoroughly. Today, she, Sarah and a friend sang "I am a child of God" in sacrament meeting. Tonight, she is going to stake youth choir. This Wednesday she goes to her first Stake combined youth activity. Where has the time gone? Wasn't she just learning to ride a bike? Losing her first tooth? Or starting kindergarten? For heaven's sake, she's in sixth grade now! Wish I could freeze time time long enough to allow my brain to grasp what's going on here. She only has six years left until she leaves home and that just seems too short. I'm not ready for this. Yeah, I know, I should be used to the thought because my oldest only has 3.5 more years and our second oldest has 4.5 years left. It really shouldn't phase me that she has a whopping six years left. Right? However, for some reason it's hitting me a little harder than I thought it would. Not that I'm happy to see her brothers go, but it's that I've been preparing myself for them to leave since they were toddlers. Telling them about the day they would leave home and serve a mission in a far off land. I haven't talked much with Miriam about the day she flies the coup.... so it's a new thought for me. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a tiny bit. The truth is, I knew from the beginning of this motherhood experience that one day, I'd wake up and they'd all be gone. I knew that this was an enevitable part of "the plan". I just didn't know how all the milestones in the middle would affect me. Definitely time for some pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment