Wednesday, December 20, 2017

October 24, 2010

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Long time passing

It has been way too long since I have taken the opportunity to post here. Somehow, I forgot to blog about my fabulous summer vacation, the start of school, the coming of Fall, but I must take this opportunity to write about the two birthdays we have just finished celebrating. My oldest and youngest sons celebrated their birthdays this weekend. We had my father, my in-laws, and some cousins to help with the festivities. And today, my oldest son was ordained a deacon. I really am having a hard time coming to terms with having a child so old. He is so awesome! He is just a jewel of a kid...I mean friendly, loving, polite, funny, smart, happy, straight A student, good to his younger siblings, helpful at home...I could go on and on! I love him so much and I am so proud of the good choices he is making. We decided to give him his own digital camera because he is so interested in photography. He loved his gift and has already put it to good use.  


Now, for my youngest son, who turned seven this weekend. What a funny guy! He is really fun to watch at the park. He is constantly climbing poles, swinging from bar to bar, doing chin-ups, and all sorts of crazy tricks. I truly think he could become a world-class gymnast with his raw strength. He also loves to draw and is always drawing special pictures for me. He is able to reproduce pictures from a book as well as ones that pop into his head. He is also getting better at reading. He got a Lego set for his birthday and has had a fun time putting it together.

One last thing worth mentioning is I got a job at the middle school as the librarian. I start in one week from tomorrow and will be working every day for three hours a day. I have mixed feelings about this new opportunity. I am very excited to have such a great job in the school where all the kids will be at some point in the next ten years, but I am sad to have to leave my littlest one for that time. We are having such a great time just the two of us:( I am sure everything will be fine, but I still worry. I guess we shall see soon enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment