Wednesday, December 20, 2017

February 25, 2011

Friday, February 25, 2011 life is good Despite having a sick or injured child every week of this year so far, Despite having spent this entire week off from school inside watching movies with sick kids, Despite not seeing my hubby before 10 pm each night this week(except Monday), Despite feeling like a frumpy, lumpy mommy, Despite feeling old and forgetful, Despite feeling completely unmotivated to do anything, ...I am very happy and grateful for all of my many blessings. I am grateful for adequate health insurance. I am grateful for the quiet time I have been able to spend with my children, loving on them while they are feeling icky! I am grateful that my husband has a job and he got a well deserved promotion and raise. I am grateful that I don't mind feeling frumpy and lumpy because it means I am comfortable! I am grateful that my kids remind me of their appointments and the things we need from the store. I am grateful that there isn't anything pressing to do and the things that need doing CAN wait 'til later when everyone feels better. I must say that last weekend was very relaxing and rejuvenating. It was like we went on vacation without going anywhere. All four older kids went with their grandparents to visit cousins in Granite Bay, leaving only the youngest home with mommy and daddy. We slept-in for three days, took multiple naps each day, cleaned the garage and put all 5000 + science journals on 14 book cases. (Our garage is a regular library now.) Plus, we went to Applebees for dinner one night and Chipotle for lunch on another day. It was very quiet at home and made the one left behind very lonely. She kept saying things like, "I really miss those kids. Do you think they miss us?" and "When can the kids come back home?" and "It's no fun here with no one to play with!" The grand finale of the long weekend was a solo trip to Whole Foods! I got a vitamin water and didn't have to share a sip with anybody! As much as we enjoyed it, it was weird to have only one child for a few days. It was so quiet and uneventful. There weren't any fights to break up or disputes to settle. Of course there were fewer dishes and more leftovers, but family prayer was down right boring with no one vying for attention. And even though the little one HATED being left home alone, I kept telling her how lucky she was to spend one-on-one time with us. No one else would ever get that much undivided attention from us E-V-E-R! It was truly a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment