Wednesday, December 20, 2017

April 22, 2010

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I remember...

I remember being 7 years old.
I remember we lived in a huge old house in Low Moor, VA.
I remember all three of my brothers and what they looked like and how they acted.
I remember wanting a little sister very desperately.
I remember praying for a sister. 
I remember begging my parents for her. 
I remember how excited I was when my dream came true.
I remember my eighth birthday (sort of).
I remember my baptism being postponed because my mom was about to deliver my sister.
I remember right before my sister was born my brother Jay and I were in a school play.
I remember my grandparents coming to stay with us when my mom went to the hospital.
I remember this day 27 years ago.
I remember how anxious I was to meet her after her birth.
I remember how nervous I was when it came time to go see her at the hospital.
I remember I wore my favorite outfit (matching peach floral shirt and skirt).
I remember all my plans to play with my new sister and teach her.
I remember my parents telling me it would be a while before she could do those things.
I remember being disappointed that I would have to wait to have her interact with me. (but I was still very happy to have her)
I remember when she began to walk.
I remember how good she was at talking.
I remember how well she could memorize poems and scriptures.
I remember her curly hair.
I remember how she would put her little hand over her heart every time she saw the flag.
I remember playing dolls with her.
I remember fighting with her (how immature to fight with someone so much younger than me!)
I remember when she was baptized.
I remember how she would write little notes with hearts and say she loved me.
I remember sharing a room with her.
I remember how silly we were sometimes and how we would laugh for no reason. (miss this!)
I remember not seeing her much through high school.
I remember her coming to help us move and taking care of our kids when I was put in ICU and Bill was defending his thesis in 2003.
I remember her moving to CA with us briefly.
I remember she potty trained my oldest daughter at 13 mos.(I thought she was crazy, but it worked)
I remember when she fell in love and got married.
I remember when she had each of her children.
I remember being so proud of her each time.
I DON'T remember a day that I haven't thought about her.
I DON'T remember the last time I told her how much she means to me.
I DON'T remember the last time she and I got to do something just the two of us.
(Cary, one day when one of us gets rich, you and i are going somewhere really fun all by ourselves!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARY-COO-COO
LOVE LORI-LOO-LOO

No comments:

Post a Comment