Monday, January 31, 2011

my search is over!

If you loved a particular food and found out that you could no longer eat it, how would you feel? I love good bread. The taste, texture and the filling qualities of bread are comforting to me. Not to mention easy and versatile! Since I learned that I have Celiac's, I have missed bread. Sure, there are lots of GF breads out there, but NONE of them resemble regular bread. They were too hard, grainy, crumbly, tasteless, etc. Well, I finally found a wonderful, soft, tasty gluten-free bread!

Udi's gluten free whole grain bread

It is so heavenly! Thanks to Udi's, I don't feel deprived anymore. I can eat a piece of bread with a meal or by itself, toasted or not, buttered or plain, and it is delicious. It also has fiber! That's right! Can you believe it? I have to say I was quite shocked myself!

I also tried Udi's GF blueberry muffins. Despite the plastic taste from being baked in a plastic tray, they were quite good. They are a big improvement from my own attempt at muffins which were made with garbanzo flour:P

No comments:

Post a Comment